Saturday, July 23, 2011

San Diego ComicCon 2011

Since I was in the 4th grade, I was swallowed up by the imaginary world of super heroes and science fiction. I would continuously nag my mother to take me to the local comic book shop to purchase the latest Wolverine and Amazing Spiderman comics. My father would let me skip school so he could take me to the premiere of Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi, where I discovered him. Boba Fett. The most feared bounty hunter in the galaxy.

Now, at the age of 35, that little boy shines out in my soul when I see him, stalking, always silent, through the crowd. I ask him if I can take a picture with him, still no words, he nods and I get my new Facebook profile picture.

Thank you ComicCon for making this 35 year old man feel like a kid, again.

No comments:

Post a Comment